Regardless of your age, you have the opportunity to always look your best! Much of this has to do with using the right makeup and skin care tips so that you can maximize your potential, look younger than your years, and remain flawless even as a woman over 50.To get you started, here are some of the best tips to keep you fresh and beautiful
• Start out by revising your makeup routine. There is no reason to use the same makeup style or application that you did when you were 20, especially as the decades have passed. When you are over 50, it is so much better to use light mineral makeup powder foundation with full coverage, which will minimize wrinkles instead of highlighting them.
• Please remember that less is more! What you may start to discover as you age is that a little will go a long way and caking on makeup will often make you look older. When you have the opportunity, simply use a tinted moisturizer as opposed to a foundation for your coverage.
• Use a cream blush. This is something that is so helpful when you age because a cream blush will beautifully smooth onto your complexion so that it looks fresh and natural instead of painted on.
• Make sure that you moisturize. This is so important, regardless of whether you have dry or oily skin. You must use a moisturizer appropriate to your skin type, which will guarantee that your complexion remains in balance. Many women don’t realize that this is one of the best ways to stay young and prevent wrinkles, so make your moisturizer your best friend.
• Exfoliate 2 to 3 times per week. This is another helpful tip that will give you amazing results as you age. One of the reasons that your makeup starts to look dull and flat is because your skin cells turn over more slowly as you age. To have the youthful skin of a teenager, you must help the process and exfoliate 2 to 3 times per week to stimulate fresh cell renewal!
• Last of all, make sure that you work to bring out your best features. If you have beautiful eyes, wear a volumizing mascara. If you have luscious lips, choose a lip color that is flattering. When you play up your best features, you will look younger than your years, and people will pay attention!
The important thing to keep in mind is that your makeup needs to evolve with you as you age. Just because you are a woman over 50 doesn’t mean that you can’t look polished and beautiful, so when you start to tailor your makeup application to your age, it will be even more flattering! When you couple that with the skin care tips that I mentioned, it will make a serious difference in balancing out your skin tone, minimizing wrinkles, and helping you to look younger than your years. These simple tips will give you serious results in a few easy steps. Are you ready to turn back time?